What is an engagement?
An engagement is the partnership between a student and a tutor for a specific subject and rate. Tutors can have multiple engagements with different students, or with the same students in different subject areas.
How do I create an engagement?
- To create an engagement, select the tutor you'd like to pair and click "Add Client."
2. Select "Client Name" from dropdown menu, and enter the details of the engagement. "Client Rate" is the hourly rate that your business charges parents and students per hour, while the "Tutor Wage" is the hourly wage that the tutor takes home.
Click "Create Engagement."
3. The new engagement will appear under "Client Engagements." If you'd like to add a new engagement, click "Link/Add Client."
Tutors can have multiple engagements with different students—or with the same student. If a tutor has been hired to teach the same student more than one subject, a new engagement must be created for each.
What if I need to edit or delete one of my engagements?
Administrators do not currently have the ability to edit or delete engagements, but our team at Clark can help! Here's what to do:
- Click "Log a session" on whichever engagement you would like edited. If it's a tutor who has multiple engagements with the same student, double check to make sure you've selected the correct one.
- You'll be taken to this screen:
3. Copy the URL at the top, which will end in "/session/new."
4. Open the chat bubble in the right-hand corner of the screen, or send us an email with that URL, specifying how you would like the engagement to be edited.